Congratulations to all of our members for their hard work and commitment this year, whether it has been competing, officiating or being one of our behind the scenes volunteers. Our award winners for 2014 are:
- Junior Encouragement Award – Abigail Lemar
- Best Female Rider – Katelyn Silvy
- Best Performance by a Junior as a Rider – Alex Heidenrich
- Best Performance by a First Year Senior Rider – Jordan Heinrich
- Best Performance by a Clubman as a Rider – Daniel Prior
- Best Overall Performance by a Rider as a Junior or a Senior – Todd Barry
- Best Club Person for effort towards helping at Club level – Stephen Sloan, Anton Seifert and Colin Simpson
Well done to all the competitors who did it tough at Round 3 of the Pony Express Series in some fairly ordinary weather conditions.
Over 70’s Pony Express
- 3rd – Steve & Matt Aimann
- 2nd – Michael Stroh & Andrew Roberts
- 1st – Peter Rossi & Troy Stephens
Open Pony Express
- 3rd – Matthew Heywood & Aaron Bevan
- 2nd – Nevin Lenk & Simon Brombal
- 1st – Paul & Matt
Junior B Pony Express
- 2nd – Samuel Ware & Luke Heidenrich
- 1st – Thomas Ware & Alex Heidenrich
Thank you to Shaun Harp for the use of his property.
Are you free on the 15th or 16th of November? Why not head out to the Clubrooms (Haydon Road, Kangaroo Flat) for an hour or so to assist with a few tasks.
Some of the tasks needing completing are:
– Clearing weeds and mowing the grass
– Fix roof on the container
– Clean the gutters out
– Oil the decking in front of the toilets
– Clean the container out (sort markers and bunting)
– Clean toilets and Clubrooms in general
– Paint faschia boards
If you are unable to donate your time but able to donate materials, give Wes a call on 0438 824 614.
Attention Life members, current financial members and prospective new members of the Gawler Motorcycle Club.
Please be advised that the Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday 27 November 2014 commencing at 8.30pm.
A quick general meeting will be held prior to this, commencing at 8.00pm to finalise any details from the past 12 months under the current Executive Committee.
At the AGM, all positions within the Club will be declared vacant and all nominations for official positions will be put to a vote. I would like to encourage every member of our Club to consider taking on a role, be it an official position or by taking on a task that will support our Club in a non-official capacity.
Listed below are the current positions:
– Vice President
– Assistant Secretary
– Competition Secretary: Competitive Events
– Competition Secretary: Club Only Competitive Events
– Competition Secretary: Non Competitive Events
– Property Officer
– Social Secretary/Refreshments Officer
– Catering Officer
– Publicity Officer
– Sponsorship Coordinator
– Website Coordinator
To find out more about each of these roles, please see the attached document or contact any of the current Executive Committee members.
AGM Notice October 2014
Due to lack of numbers, the trail ride has been cancelled.
Apologies for any inconvenience.
Are you coming out to the Family Ride Day on Sunday 12 October?
Want to know how to get there?
The venue is located on Shannon Creek Road, Tarlee.
The directions will be sign posted as you turn off of the bitumen onto Kidmans Road.
Directions: From the BP Service Station located in Roseworthy (accumulative kilometres)
28.3km Turn right off of the bitumen onto Kidmans Road (dirt)
30.8km Cross road, straight on (sign posted Shannon Creek Road)
33.1km Turn left into the property gate and park as directed
For more information on the event, refer to the article listed on the home page of this website.
Further Information and Online Bookings (RSVP) are now available Continue Reading…………………
Date: Sunday 23 November 2014
Venue: Clubrooms, Haydon Road, Kangaroo Flat
Catering: Barbeque lunch (please bring a salad to share)
Entertainment: Jumping castle, slip-n-slide and…. Santa with gifts!
If your child will be attending, please RSVP by 10 October 2014. We also need to know your childs name, age and gender for Santa to be able to select something appropriate for them from his Toy Shop.
RSVP: Anne Silvy-Harford on 0439 469 880
Looking for a stress free environment to ride?
A family day is suited to all riding levels – from beginners wanting to hone their skills to advanced riders looking for a casual day out.
The event is open to all members of the GMCC (singles and families).
Date: Sunday 12 October 2014
Address: Shannon Creek Road, Tarlee
Sign on: 9.30am
Riders briefing: 10.00am
GMCC Membership (can be purchased on the day – Eftpos or cash only)
MSA License Riding Gear (including helmet and boots)
$20.00 – Senior
$15.00 – Junior
$25.00 – One Event Rec License (if required)
Catering: BYO Food and Drinks