Just a friendly reminder that your 2014 membership expires on the 31st December 2014.
Below are links to the membership forms for the 2015 year and you will notice there is a price change.
If you attend a Club meeting in person (last Thursday of every month), you can get your membership $10 cheaper! We would love to see your smiling faces – new and old members alike!
We are busy working away so that you can renew your membership ONLINE! Watch this space in the new year for more information.
Single Membership: GMCC 2015 Membership Application
Family Membership: GMCC 2015 Family Membership Application
The AGM has been run and won. Thank you to the hard work of the 2014 Committee and the many volunteers and officials who assisted all year. Please welcome the 2015 Committee:
President: Geoff Lemar
Vice President: Andy Haydon
Secretary: Kristy Schultz
Assistant Secretary: Kym Menadue
Treasurer: Robyn Haydon
Competition Secretary (open events): Simon Haydon
Non-Competition Secretary (social events): Peter Stevens
Social Secretary: Anne Silvy-Harford and Jake Harford
Catering Officer: Anne Silvy-Harford
Publicity Officer: Lauren Freeman
Property Officer: Peter Stevens
Website: Kym Menadue
Sponsorship: Mark Hermann and Ivan Silvy
We are looking for a ‘Competition Secretary – Club Only Competitive Events‘.
The Club Only Competitive Events Secretary role is to coordinate all club only competitive events (eg. Pony express). This position may overlap with the Competitive Events and Non-Competitive Events Secretary duties.
Supporting tasks may include:
- Receiving Entries (online and postal)
- Applying for permits
- Find properties to utilise for events
- Assist marking courses
- Finding volunteers to fill positions at events
Congratulations to all of our members for their hard work and commitment this year, whether it has been competing, officiating or being one of our behind the scenes volunteers. Our award winners for 2014 are:
- Junior Encouragement Award – Abigail Lemar
- Best Female Rider – Katelyn Silvy
- Best Performance by a Junior as a Rider – Alex Heidenrich
- Best Performance by a First Year Senior Rider – Jordan Heinrich
- Best Performance by a Clubman as a Rider – Daniel Prior
- Best Overall Performance by a Rider as a Junior or a Senior – Todd Barry
- Best Club Person for effort towards helping at Club level – Stephen Sloan, Anton Seifert and Colin Simpson
Well done to all the competitors who did it tough at Round 3 of the Pony Express Series in some fairly ordinary weather conditions.
Over 70’s Pony Express
- 3rd – Steve & Matt Aimann
- 2nd – Michael Stroh & Andrew Roberts
- 1st – Peter Rossi & Troy Stephens
Open Pony Express
- 3rd – Matthew Heywood & Aaron Bevan
- 2nd – Nevin Lenk & Simon Brombal
- 1st – Paul & Matt
Junior B Pony Express
- 2nd – Samuel Ware & Luke Heidenrich
- 1st – Thomas Ware & Alex Heidenrich
Thank you to Shaun Harp for the use of his property.
Are you free on the 15th or 16th of November? Why not head out to the Clubrooms (Haydon Road, Kangaroo Flat) for an hour or so to assist with a few tasks.
Some of the tasks needing completing are:
– Clearing weeds and mowing the grass
– Fix roof on the container
– Clean the gutters out
– Oil the decking in front of the toilets
– Clean the container out (sort markers and bunting)
– Clean toilets and Clubrooms in general
– Paint faschia boards
If you are unable to donate your time but able to donate materials, give Wes a call on 0438 824 614.
Attention Life members, current financial members and prospective new members of the Gawler Motorcycle Club.
Please be advised that the Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday 27 November 2014 commencing at 8.30pm.
A quick general meeting will be held prior to this, commencing at 8.00pm to finalise any details from the past 12 months under the current Executive Committee.
At the AGM, all positions within the Club will be declared vacant and all nominations for official positions will be put to a vote. I would like to encourage every member of our Club to consider taking on a role, be it an official position or by taking on a task that will support our Club in a non-official capacity.
Listed below are the current positions:
– Vice President
– Assistant Secretary
– Competition Secretary: Competitive Events
– Competition Secretary: Club Only Competitive Events
– Competition Secretary: Non Competitive Events
– Property Officer
– Social Secretary/Refreshments Officer
– Catering Officer
– Publicity Officer
– Sponsorship Coordinator
– Website Coordinator
To find out more about each of these roles, please see the attached document or contact any of the current Executive Committee members.
AGM Notice October 2014
Due to lack of numbers, the trail ride has been cancelled.
Apologies for any inconvenience.
Are you coming out to the Family Ride Day on Sunday 12 October?
Want to know how to get there?
The venue is located on Shannon Creek Road, Tarlee.
The directions will be sign posted as you turn off of the bitumen onto Kidmans Road.
Directions: From the BP Service Station located in Roseworthy (accumulative kilometres)
28.3km Turn right off of the bitumen onto Kidmans Road (dirt)
30.8km Cross road, straight on (sign posted Shannon Creek Road)
33.1km Turn left into the property gate and park as directed
For more information on the event, refer to the article listed on the home page of this website.
Further Information and Online Bookings (RSVP) are now available Continue Reading…………………