It was great to see so many people at the AGM. Please welcome the following people taking on Club roles moving into 2017:
President – Andy Haydon
Vice President – Billy Murphy
Assistant Secretary – Vacant
Secretary – Lisi Phillips
Treasurer – Robyn Haydon
Competition Secretary (Non Comp Events) – Stephen Sloan
Refreshments officer – Stephen Sloan and Justin Lewis
Social Secretary – Kristy Schultz
Catering Officer – Kelly Haydon
Publicity Officer – Anne Silvy-Harford
Property Officer – Graham Haydon
Website Coordinator – Lisi Phillips
Sponsorship Coordinator – Mark Hermann
An events sub-committee has also been formed to develop the club enduro series and run the Reliability Trial. Keep an eye out for information and dates which will be released early in the new year.
Here’s to a great 2017!
The Club is holding its End of Year Function and Awards Presentation on Saturday 19 November from 1:00pm out at the clubrooms. The function is for all our members and families.
- Father Christmas will be visiting after lunch with presents for the kids
- BBQ dinner will be from 5:30pm (no cost to members for food)
- Awards presentation will be from 7:00pm
- There is to be no BYO in terms of alcohol. This can be purchased at member rates from the club bar
- If your child will be attending, please email email@example.com with their name, age and gender so we can order presents.
If you are free between 10:00am – 12:00noon on Sunday 13 November, we would love to see a few extra hands to help us with tasks such as cleaning the club rooms and mowing to prepare for the function.
The end of the year is fast approaching which will soon bring us to our Annual General Meeting on the 24th November starting at 8.00pm. There will be no general meeting as such for this month.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the current office bearers for their efforts and time put in across the year. A thank you also needs to go out to all the other volunteers that have supported our club.
At the AGM, all positions within the Club will be declared vacant and all nominations for official positions will be put to a vote. I would like to encourage every member of our club to consider taking on a role, be it an official position or by taking on a task that will support our Club.
The positions that made up the 2016 Executive Committee are:
- President (currently Andy Haydon)
- Vice President (currently Billy Murphy)
- Secretary (currently Lisi Phillips)
- Assistant Secretary (currently Kristy Schultz)
- Treasurer (currently Robyn Haydon)
- Competition Secretary – Competitive Events (currently Simon Haydon)
- Competition Secretary – Club Events (currently Graham Haydon and Justin Lewis)
- Competition Secretary – Non Competitive Events (currently J Tidswell and Mitch Laikve)
- Refreshments officer (currently Stephen Sloan and Justin Lewis)
- Social Secretary (currently Anne Silvy-Harford)
- Catering Officer (currently Kelly Haydon)
- Publicity Officer (currently Lauren Freeman)
- Property Officer (currently Graham Haydon)
- Website Coordinator (currently Lisi Phillips)
- Sponsorship Coordinator (currently Mark Hermann)
For more information on the positions, please refer to the attached document club-positions-and-role-explanation-2016-agm.
The Gawler Motorcycle Club will be holding a non-competitive ride day for vintage solo motorcycles (Pre 90) and sidecars of all models (including current models). Gawler MCC Members are welcome to ride any bike of their choice. Juniors may only ride big wheel motorcycles. This ride day will be held on a Natural terrain paddock-style track approximately 4km south of Kapunda. This event will be signposted from the Thiele Highway.
• The event will be open to juniors (big wheel only), seniors on both solo and sidecar. Actual classes (riding order) will be determined on the day. We expect each class to have 15-20 minutes slots of the track.
• To assist with paperwork and the forming of classes which will be decided on the day we ask you to pre enter via our online entry system available on the Gawler MCC website.
• Online registrations will be open from tonight until midnight Wednesday 2nd November. Sorry no entries on the Day.
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED.
• As this will be a MSA sanctioned and insured ride day all riders will be required to hold a minimum of MA Rec license or purchase a one event rec license for $25 when entering.
• Entry Fee – $20.00
8:30- 10:00am machine examination and rider sign on
10:00am Rider Briefing followed by first group on the track.
4:00 pm Riding finishes / Track clean up commences
The above times are a guideline only and may vary on the day.
- You do not need Gawler MCC Membership to enter this event if on a Pre 90 solo bike or any sidecar
- Catering and toilet facilities will be available on the day.
- Enviro mats will be available on the day to purchase for $10.00 and are to be used for all refuelling and bike maintenance.
For further information regarding the event contact: Alan Davidson 0401245269 or alternately events@Gawlermcc.com.au
The Light Regional Council is a great supporter of the events the Gawler Motorcycle Club runs.
They are running their inaugural Light Suicide Prevention Network ‘Save Our Mates’ event on Friday 14 October 2016 at the Kapunda Bowling Club.
The event is FREE with a BBQ commencing at 6.30pm. Then, from 7.15pm, guest speaker Anthony Hart will share his story of survival, and how his ZEST program can help to get your life ‘back on track’. Supper will be held afterwards and there will be time to chat with your neighbours.
Suicide can be a sensitive subject but we all have a role to play to support our friends, family and the wider community when they are experiencing difficult times.
To register, or for more information how you can be a part of the Light Suicide Prevention Network, contact Lorinda Bayley on 0428 947 479.
Nominations are now open for our 2016 awards.
The categories are:
– Best Performance by a clubman as a rider
– Best performance by a junior as a rider
– Best overall performance by a rider as a junior or senior
– Best club person for effort towards helping at club level
– Best performance by a first year senior rider
– Junior encouragement award
– Best female rider
Nominations are open to all Gawler Mcc Members, its quick and easy to put a nomination in simply fill in our online form. Awards will be presented at our end of year function.
The end of year is coming up and we would like to put it out to our members to decide how they would like to celebrate our end of year awards and Christmas party. Click here to have your say
Submissions close 10th September.