The Gawler Motorcycle Club will be holding a non-competitive ride day for vintage solo motorcycles (Pre 90) and sidecars of all models (including current models). Gawler MCC Members are welcome to ride any bike of their choice. Juniors may only ride big wheel motorcycles. This ride day will be held on a Natural terrain paddock-style track approximately 4km south of Kapunda. This event will be signposted from the Thiele Highway.
• The event will be open to juniors (big wheel only), seniors on both solo and sidecar. Actual classes (riding order) will be determined on the day. We expect each class to have 15-20 minutes slots of the track.
• To assist with paperwork and the forming of classes which will be decided on the day we ask you to pre enter via our online entry system available on the Gawler MCC website.
• Online registrations will be open from tonight until midnight Wednesday 2nd November. Sorry no entries on the Day.
Online Entry Page
• As this will be a MSA sanctioned and insured ride day all riders will be required to hold a minimum of MA Rec license or purchase a one event rec license for $25 when entering.
• Entry Fee – $20.00
8:30- 10:00am machine examination and rider sign on
10:00am Rider Briefing followed by first group on the track.
4:00 pm Riding finishes / Track clean up commences
The above times are a guideline only and may vary on the day.
- You do not need Gawler MCC Membership to enter this event if on a Pre 90 solo bike or any sidecar
- Catering and toilet facilities will be available on the day.
- Enviro mats will be available on the day to purchase for $10.00 and are to be used for all refuelling and bike maintenance.
For further information regarding the event contact: Alan Davidson 0401245269 or alternately events@Gawlermcc.com.au
The Light Regional Council is a great supporter of the events the Gawler Motorcycle Club runs.
They are running their inaugural Light Suicide Prevention Network ‘Save Our Mates’ event on Friday 14 October 2016 at the Kapunda Bowling Club.
The event is FREE with a BBQ commencing at 6.30pm. Then, from 7.15pm, guest speaker Anthony Hart will share his story of survival, and how his ZEST program can help to get your life ‘back on track’. Supper will be held afterwards and there will be time to chat with your neighbours.
Suicide can be a sensitive subject but we all have a role to play to support our friends, family and the wider community when they are experiencing difficult times.
To register, or for more information how you can be a part of the Light Suicide Prevention Network, contact Lorinda Bayley on 0428 947 479.
Nominations are now open for our 2016 awards.
The categories are:
– Best Performance by a clubman as a rider
– Best performance by a junior as a rider
– Best overall performance by a rider as a junior or senior
– Best club person for effort towards helping at club level
– Best performance by a first year senior rider
– Junior encouragement award
– Best female rider
Nominations are open to all Gawler Mcc Members, its quick and easy to put a nomination in simply fill in our online form. Awards will be presented at our end of year function.
The end of year is coming up and we would like to put it out to our members to decide how they would like to celebrate our end of year awards and Christmas party. Click here to have your say
Submissions close 10th September.
GMCC Ride Day – Open to all senior and junior club members
Sunday 11th September, 9:00am-4:00pm
Redbanks Road, Reeves Plains (will be signposted)
Contact: Kristy – 0419 039 728
Catering facilities will be available on the day
Junior entry fee – $10
Senior entry fee – $20
Licence – $25 (if required)
A minimum of a Non competition licence is required for you to ride on the day
The track will consist on mainly flat ground with a couple of jumps and scrub. There will be a separate track for 50cc bikes. All other classes will use the main track in allocated time slots. Please rsvp to Kristy with the number of people attending and what bikes will be in attendance.
For all those riding tomorrow at the SAORC in Kapunda, please find below the riders information.
SAORC 2016 Gawler Rd 5 Riders Info-Final
Please note the following Time Schedule: (Junior & Senior)
• 12.00pm – 5.00pm Tracks open for course walking
• 3.00pm – 5.00pm Sign on Machine Examination only (you will require your bike, helmet and boots)
• 6.30am – 8.00am Sign on/ Machine exam
• 8.10am Riders Briefing
Sight laps will immediately follow after riders briefing followed by the event start. The aim will be to finish the event by 3pm.
ALL TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE ON THE DAY.
For more information about the event, check out the media release: SAORC – Media Release – Kapunda Preview
In preparation for our SAORC round we will be holding two mark out days on the 13th and 14th of August.
We will be meeting at the venue at 9:30 on both days and will provide a bbq lunch and drinks if you are able to come and help out.
Our main tasks for these days will be to double bunt the two sprint tracks.
If you are able to attend ether day, even if its for a couple of hours it would be greatly appreciated.
If you can come out could you please message Simon, just so we can do a bit of planning beforehand.
Thanks in Advance
Wow! What a crazy day weather wise! We had a great track today. Massive thank you to all the landowners for the preparation they did. Once again, thank you to all of our officials, in particular the lap scorers, sweeps, scrutineers and helpers. Big shout out to the catering team for keeping everyone fed and watered. See you all at the next event. Thank you to everyone who stayed after the event to help clean and pack up. This help is very much appreciated. Also we mustn’t forget a big shout out to everyone who came and competed in this event, Hope you all had a blast. Check out the results here Sandleton Pony Express provisional results